Prices from €2,095 per person per week
7 day Learning Programmes available in June and September, 2018
3rd June / 30th September
The earth, the paths, the smell of the flora of Pátmos have generated countless books, poems and stories of Pátmos going back millennia.
Accompanied by Pátmos’ most renowned tour and walking guide, and author of ‘My Own Unknown Patmos’, you will follow and explore some of the 14 recorded and quite spectacular paths of Pátmos. There will also be a few detours to some of the lesser known/secret spots of the island. Traversing hill and mountain, tavernas on the beach and monasteries, you will touch nature and nurture simultaneously. Whether explaining the architecture of ancient Chora designed for protection from pirates, or the way walls were built to preserve nature, your guides will share as much as you wish to know.
A week of your feet on the earth and your soul touching the sky; it’s unmissable.
Please note that Walking Paths of Pátmos’ will involve daily group walks, some of which may be longer in duration than shown in the example schedule, and there will not be 1-1s for this programme.
Please bring either comfortable and sturdy trainers or lightweight hiking boots. These are not technically difficult walks but there is uphill and downhill including on rocky terrain, and we may venture on a half day or full day walk (including rests and, if you want it, photography instruction, as your guide is also a photography instructor!). You will therefore need a reasonable level of flexibility and fitness. And do take advantage of the whole eCALA experience to ease away any tired feet – massage, meditation, relaxation therapies, and/or you can exercise some different body parts through kayaking, snorkelling, boat trips and ‘Ted’ type talks!
How to book
Step one: Once you have identified the learning programme you want to attend, in the ‘Book Accommodation’ form, select your preferred accommodation arrangements and the programme start date in the calendar and add these to the cart. This secures your stay in one of our luxury domes for the period of the learning programme.
- When you book a 2 week stay, the system will automatically apply a discount of between €400 and €900, depending on whether you are travelling alone or with a companion. If you would like to book two non consecutive 1 week programmes please contact us so that we can make sure you enjoy this discount.
- Domes are available for single or dual occupancy, i.e. a maximum of 2 people per dome.
- The accommodation booking form is asking for the number of people, not the number of domes. Please ensure you correctly enter your requirements into the occupancy fields, see examples below:
- Example 1: If you are booking one dome for one person, please put 1 in the single occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 2: If you are booking one couple sharing a dome please put 2 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 3: If you are booking 2 friends, who don’t want to share a dome, please put 2 in the single occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
- Example 4: If you are booking 4 friends, all wanting to share domes, please put 4 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
Step two: Go to your chosen learning programme page to make your learning programme booking. Select your programme start date and your second week activity if you are staying for two weeks (or choose N/A for the second week if you are staying for one week), and add these to your cart. Programmes listed in the checkout will appear as €0.00 as the cost is included in your accommodation booking.
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, just indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, after adding your learning programme/s to the cart, go to the learning programme page your companion/s wants to book and repeat the same booking process for their learning programme. These learning programmes will then be listed separately on your booking when you check out.
If you have any questions please call +302247031851 or email us with questions and/or to ask us to call you.
As well as your learning programme, the eCALA experience includes your geodesic ‘dome away from home’ so booking is a two-step process; first your accommodation, then your learning programme/s. Each step below is explained in the ‘How to Book’ box on this page.
Book Walking Paths of Patmos
If you would prefer to book by phone, please call +302247031851
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm