Prices from €2,095 per person per week
7 day Learning Programmes available in June and September, 2018
10th June / 23rd September
A week of exploring and understanding the structure and components of the Chinese Book of Change.
The term iChing is in two parts: Ching = Tao/Truth and i = Change. Therefore known as the Tao of I, or the Tao of Change or the Truth of Change, it focuses on understanding Heaven and Earth and the interrelationships between the two, as well as the Truth of Human Life. Any book which expounds on this is called ‘Ching’.
This learning programme is led by a student of the iChing trained for over 10 years by an iChing Master who in turn was the student of two priests, Father Ralph and Father Felix, who themselves were students of Richard Wilhelm. Wilhelm first brought the iChing to Europe, less than 100 years ago.
The learning spans all the principles and elements of the iChing. The first principle is ‘change is constant’ and only the ‘principle of change’ never changes. The iChing serves to narrate and understand these states of change. There are a series of stages in relation to the ‘situation’ you are examining:
The Present Situation:
the result of your previous actions’ – and how do I gain or how do I avoid misfortune from this present situation.
The Stage of Change for your Present Situation:
am I at the beginning of this process of change, almost at the end or somewhere in the middle? Knowing precisely where you are and the implications of it assists you to decide on action or inaction.
Mastering the whole Gua:
it is essential to understand the whole reading, the whole context and then the stage you are at. Without this you are dealing with a command and no context e.g. “Run!” … but you don’t know why.
understanding your intentions in relation to this given situation. If your present situation is the effect of previous actions it is best to first examine your intentions to assess if you are causing the effect you wish. Then one can assess the future potential of continuing with the same actions, changing them or just ‘standing still’.
Each day Monday-Friday you will enjoy an early morning small group session, and there may be guided self study between breakfast and lunch. The small group meets again every afternoon except Wednesday. Additionally you will enjoy two personal 1 – 1 sessions during the week to ensure you have grasped the method and how to understand the iChing.
Take advantage of the whole eCALA experience to enhance your time here – massage, meditation, kayaking, snorkelling, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies.
How to book
Step one: Once you have identified the learning programme you want to attend, in the ‘Book Accommodation’ form, select your preferred accommodation arrangements and the programme start date in the calendar and add these to the cart. This secures your stay in one of our luxury domes for the period of the learning programme.
- When you book a 2 week stay, the system will automatically apply a discount of between €400 and €900, depending on whether you are travelling alone or with a companion. If you would like to book two non consecutive 1 week programmes please contact us so that we can make sure you enjoy this discount.
- Domes are available for single or dual occupancy, i.e. a maximum of 2 people per dome.
- The accommodation booking form is asking for the number of people, not the number of domes. Please ensure you correctly enter your requirements into the occupancy fields, see examples below:
- Example 1: If you are booking one dome for one person, please put 1 in the single occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 2: If you are booking one couple sharing a dome please put 2 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 3: If you are booking 2 friends, who don’t want to share a dome, please put 2 in the single occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
- Example 4: If you are booking 4 friends, all wanting to share domes, please put 4 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
Step two: Go to your chosen learning programme page to make your learning programme booking. Select your programme start date and your second week activity if you are staying for two weeks (or choose N/A for the second week if you are staying for one week), and add these to your cart. Programmes listed in the checkout will appear as €0.00 as the cost is included in your accommodation booking.
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, just indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, after adding your learning programme/s to the cart, go to the learning programme page your companion/s wants to book and repeat the same booking process for their learning programme. These learning programmes will then be listed separately on your booking when you check out.
If you have any questions please call +302247031851 or email us with questions and/or to ask us to call you.
As well as your learning programme, the eCALA experience includes your geodesic ‘dome away from home’ so booking is a two-step process; first your accommodation, then your learning programme/s. Each step below is explained in the ‘How to Book’ box on this page.
Book Understanding change with the I-Ching
If you would prefer to book by phone, please call +302247031851
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm