Prices from €2,095 per person per week
7 day Learning Programmes available June, July and September, 2018
17th June / 1st July / 8th July / 9th September / 16th September / 30th September
“Dancing is like taking a mini vacation from the stress of the everyday – you have to be present in the moment.” (Ofelia de la Valette)
In this week you will learn the basic steps of Argentine tango and discover the benefits of dancing this beautiful and complex dance for your everyday life.
Dive into a week of learning how to connect with yourself and a partner, how to listen, to trust, to breathe and be present. You will be able to apply what you have learned even if you don’t continue dancing, but the probability that you will want more, is high.
The classes will be taught in the afternoons and after the classes or in the evenings we will dance for fun and apply the newly acquired skills.
Your teachers are:
- Gonzalo, who grew up in Uruguay where he learnt tango from a young age as part of the Uruguayan culture. His teaching is young, dynamic and strongly rooted in the traditional tango and he will be able to give you an in-depth look of the dance and its technique.
- Lana, who lived in many parts of the world. She danced ballet throughout her childhood and started dancing tango in 2008. Lana is a qualified NLP life coach and hypnotherapist. She discovered for herself that tango is as effective as mindfulness meditation in reducing symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression and she will be able to transmit this during the classes.
Together, Lana and Gonzalo create a relaxed, harmonious and fun atmosphere where there arises a desire and a curiosity to learn more.
Please note that in the spirit of the tradition, Argentine Tango will take place in the afternoons and into the evenings. Whilst there will be ample time for personal instruction to assist individuals within the small group, there will not be 1-1s for this programme. And do take advantage of the whole eCALA experience to ease away any tired feet – massage and relaxation therapies, and/or you can exercise some different body parts through kayaking, snorkelling, boat trips and ‘Ted’ type talks!
How to book
Step one: Once you have identified the learning programme you want to attend, in the ‘Book Accommodation’ form, select your preferred accommodation arrangements and the programme start date in the calendar and add these to the cart. This secures your stay in one of our luxury domes for the period of the learning programme.
- When you book a 2 week stay, the system will automatically apply a discount of between €400 and €900, depending on whether you are travelling alone or with a companion. If you would like to book two non consecutive 1 week programmes please contact us so that we can make sure you enjoy this discount.
- Domes are available for single or dual occupancy, i.e. a maximum of 2 people per dome.
- The accommodation booking form is asking for the number of people, not the number of domes. Please ensure you correctly enter your requirements into the occupancy fields, see examples below:
- Example 1: If you are booking one dome for one person, please put 1 in the single occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 2: If you are booking one couple sharing a dome please put 2 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 3: If you are booking 2 friends, who don’t want to share a dome, please put 2 in the single occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
- Example 4: If you are booking 4 friends, all wanting to share domes, please put 4 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
Step two: Go to your chosen learning programme page to make your learning programme booking. Select your programme start date and your second week activity if you are staying for two weeks (or choose N/A for the second week if you are staying for one week), and add these to your cart. Programmes listed in the checkout will appear as €0.00 as the cost is included in your accommodation booking.
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, just indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, after adding your learning programme/s to the cart, go to the learning programme page your companion/s wants to book and repeat the same booking process for their learning programme. These learning programmes will then be listed separately on your booking when you check out.
If you have any questions please call +302247031851 or email us with questions and/or to ask us to call you.
As well as your learning programme, the eCALA experience includes your geodesic ‘dome away from home’ so booking is a two-step process; first your accommodation, then your learning programme/s. Each step below is explained in the ‘How to Book’ box on this page.
If you would prefer to book by phone, please call +302247031851
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm