Prices from €2,095 per person per week
7 day Learning Programmes available in September, 2018
Pátmos island is renowned for its physical beauty – an inspirational setting for developing your landscape photography skills!
During this week you will learn:
- full mastery of camera controls
- working with exposure (as appropriate to your equipment and skill level)
- aspects of composition
- how to channel your own creative vision
- how to put into practice being in the right place and at the right time
- post processing skills and techniques, including use of photoshop and plugins
By the end of the week you will have skills that will give you confidence with all styles of photography and lighting conditions.
This learning programme is limited to 6 people, making it suitable for complete beginners or more seasoned photographers looking for some advanced tuition. During the small group early morning and afternoon/evening sessions the focus will be on general skills building, and there will be plenty of time for personalised attention at your level within that skill. Then, during your (at least two) 1-1 sessions your teacher will work at your level to focus on developing aspects that will take your photographs to the next level. You will be working with an exceptional teacher – an awarded photographer who regularly sells work internationally, as well as teaching his passion.
For this learning programme you will need at least a camera with a suitable lens, and it would be helpful to have a tripod. If you have them, and particularly if you are looking for more advanced tuition, please bring an ND filter or grads, your instruction manual and a remote release.
Take advantage of the whole eCALA experience to stimulate your creativity – massage, meditation, kayaking, snorkelling, boat trips, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies!
How to book
Step one: Once you have identified the learning programme you want to attend, in the ‘Book Accommodation’ form, select your preferred accommodation arrangements and the programme start date in the calendar and add these to the cart. This secures your stay in one of our luxury domes for the period of the learning programme.
- When you book a 2 week stay, the system will automatically apply a discount of between €400 and €900, depending on whether you are travelling alone or with a companion. If you would like to book two non consecutive 1 week programmes please contact us so that we can make sure you enjoy this discount.
- Domes are available for single or dual occupancy, i.e. a maximum of 2 people per dome.
- The accommodation booking form is asking for the number of people, not the number of domes. Please ensure you correctly enter your requirements into the occupancy fields, see examples below:
- Example 1: If you are booking one dome for one person, please put 1 in the single occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 2: If you are booking one couple sharing a dome please put 2 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 3: If you are booking 2 friends, who don’t want to share a dome, please put 2 in the single occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
- Example 4: If you are booking 4 friends, all wanting to share domes, please put 4 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
Step two: Go to your chosen learning programme page to make your learning programme booking. Select your programme start date and your second week activity if you are staying for two weeks (or choose N/A for the second week if you are staying for one week), and add these to your cart. Programmes listed in the checkout will appear as €0.00 as the cost is included in your accommodation booking.
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, just indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, after adding your learning programme/s to the cart, go to the learning programme page your companion/s wants to book and repeat the same booking process for their learning programme. These learning programmes will then be listed separately on your booking when you check out.
If you have any questions please call +302247031851 or email us with questions and/or to ask us to call you.
As well as your learning programme, the eCALA experience includes your geodesic ‘dome away from home’ so booking is a two-step process; first your accommodation, then your learning programme/s. Each step below is explained in the ‘How to Book’ box on this page.
If you would prefer to book by phone, please call +302247031851
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm