Prices from €2,095 per person per week
7 day Learning Programmes available in July, August and September, 2018
1st July / 26th August / 16th September
Led by a Royal Academy trained artist and art teacher, this learning programme will introduce you to drawing as a practice of inner and outer connection. During the course of the week, you will explore fundamental principles of observation for life-drawing next to experimental, contemporary approaches focusing on mark and gesture. You will be guided through an exploration of line, tone and surface on this one-week journey to finding your personal drawing ‘touch’.
In a different breathtaking setting each day, you will be encouraged to cultivate a connection with outer landscape/nature, with inner sensations and with analytical thinking faculties through drawing. You will look at selected, inspiring works by modern artists who used drawing for deepening their inner and outer awareness.
The combination of traditional and experimental techniques is designed to sharpen your perception and harmonise your inner and outer awareness, establishing a fertile ground for your personal practice in either representational or abstract drawing.
There will be an opportunity for tailored 1-1s, during which you can also develop a plan of action to sustain your drawing practice if you wish to do so!
Take advantage of the whole colourful eCALA experience to enhance your time here – massage, meditation, water sports, boat trips, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies.
All materials provided.
How to book
Step one: Once you have identified the learning programme you want to attend, in the ‘Book Accommodation’ form, select your preferred accommodation arrangements and the programme start date in the calendar and add these to the cart. This secures your stay in one of our luxury domes for the period of the learning programme.
- When you book a 2 week stay, the system will automatically apply a discount of between €400 and €900, depending on whether you are travelling alone or with a companion. If you would like to book two non consecutive 1 week programmes please contact us so that we can make sure you enjoy this discount.
- Domes are available for single or dual occupancy, i.e. a maximum of 2 people per dome.
- The accommodation booking form is asking for the number of people, not the number of domes. Please ensure you correctly enter your requirements into the occupancy fields, see examples below:
- Example 1: If you are booking one dome for one person, please put 1 in the single occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 2: If you are booking one couple sharing a dome please put 2 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 3: If you are booking 2 friends, who don’t want to share a dome, please put 2 in the single occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
- Example 4: If you are booking 4 friends, all wanting to share domes, please put 4 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
Step two: Go to your chosen learning programme page to make your learning programme booking. Select your programme start date and your second week activity if you are staying for two weeks (or choose N/A for the second week if you are staying for one week), and add these to your cart. Programmes listed in the checkout will appear as €0.00 as the cost is included in your accommodation booking.
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, just indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, after adding your learning programme/s to the cart, go to the learning programme page your companion/s wants to book and repeat the same booking process for their learning programme. These learning programmes will then be listed separately on your booking when you check out.
If you have any questions please call +302247031851 or email us with questions and/or to ask us to call you.
As well as your learning programme, the eCALA experience includes your geodesic ‘dome away from home’ so booking is a two-step process; first your accommodation, then your learning programme/s. Each step below is explained in the ‘How to Book’ box on this page.
If you would prefer to book by phone, please call +302247031851
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm