Prices from €2,095 per person per week
14 day Learning Programmes available in July, August and September, 2018
29th July / 12th August / 16th September
Facilitated by one of Greece’s leading ceramicists and ceramics instructors, this two week introduction to clay work will teach you the skills of ceramic techniques and give you the inspiration to use them as a means for self expression. At the same time, this two weeks will be a practice in mindfulness, with clay as your teacher. The work will bring you close to the earth and require you to be totally present as you build a relationship with the clay. Working with all the elements – earth, fire, water, air – you cannot help but become aware of your senses.
During the two weeks you will be taken through the whole process of ceramic creation. Working in a group, in week 1 you will learn a variety of handbuilding techniques: pinching, coiling, slabbing and press moulding. You will also look at ceramics from around the world through the ages.
During the second week the group work will cover creative thinking & design, surface decoration and glazing & firing. There will also be the opportunity for some individual tuition during the second week group sessions, as you are encouraged to find your personal expression using combined techniques. During the afternoons of week two you will also have at least two 1-1s, during which you will learn to work on the potters wheel.
Along the way during the two weeks you will be treated to some explorations of colour and the senses by your exceptionally talented teacher!
Take advantage of the whole eCALA experience to enhance your time here – massage, meditation, water sports, boat trips, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies.
All materials provided.
How to book
Step one: Once you have identified the learning programme you want to attend, in the ‘Book Accommodation’ form, select your preferred accommodation arrangements and the programme start date in the calendar and add these to the cart. This secures your stay in one of our luxury domes for the period of the learning programme.
- When you book a 2 week stay, the system will automatically apply a discount of between €400 and €900, depending on whether you are travelling alone or with a companion. If you would like to book two non consecutive 1 week programmes please contact us so that we can make sure you enjoy this discount.
- Domes are available for single or dual occupancy, i.e. a maximum of 2 people per dome.
- The accommodation booking form is asking for the number of people, not the number of domes. Please ensure you correctly enter your requirements into the occupancy fields, see examples below:
- Example 1: If you are booking one dome for one person, please put 1 in the single occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 2: If you are booking one couple sharing a dome please put 2 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 3: If you are booking 2 friends, who don’t want to share a dome, please put 2 in the single occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
- Example 4: If you are booking 4 friends, all wanting to share domes, please put 4 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
Step two: Go to your chosen learning programme page to make your learning programme booking. Select your programme start date and your second week activity if you are staying for two weeks (or choose N/A for the second week if you are staying for one week), and add these to your cart. Programmes listed in the checkout will appear as €0.00 as the cost is included in your accommodation booking.
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, just indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, after adding your learning programme/s to the cart, go to the learning programme page your companion/s wants to book and repeat the same booking process for their learning programme. These learning programmes will then be listed separately on your booking when you check out.
If you have any questions please call +302247031851 or email us with questions and/or to ask us to call you.
As well as your learning programme, the eCALA experience includes your geodesic ‘dome away from home’ so booking is a two-step process; first your accommodation, then your learning programme/s. Each step below is explained in the ‘How to Book’ box on this page.
If you would prefer to book by phone, please call +302247031851
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm