Prices from €2,095 per person per week
7 day Learning Programmes available in July and August, 2018
1st July / 5th August
It might sound a little insulting to hear “Most of us need to re-learn how to Think!”. This week is for those looking for the next big leap in learning and development. It is for the open hearted and minded and a life changing opportunity to learn how to stand back and ‘see’ the whole system of things, to appreciate and understand how all the parts interact with one another, to discover the necessary conditions for things to work as a ‘system’ and address the root causes of challenges and how to take advantage of opportunities.
Led by an IPMS Global ‘systems thinker’, Systems Thinking is contextualised and taught practically through four toolkits over the week:
- The Science of Systems Thinking and identifying a constraint/need;
- Identifying ‘What to Change’;
- Determining ‘What to Change To’; and
- Planning ‘How to Cause Change’
The outcome of the week is both a profound new way of thinking and a practical means of applying it.
Please note that to meet the requirements of this learning programme you will need to train for full learning days Monday-Friday. You will therefore need to study through Wednesday afternoon, and, if you want to, join the Wednesday afternoon tour later in the afternoon. You will nonetheless have time to enjoy the whole eCALA experience to support your learning – massage, meditation, kayaking, snorkelling, boat trips, ‘Ted’ type talks and relaxation therapies!
How to book
Step one: Once you have identified the learning programme you want to attend, in the ‘Book Accommodation’ form, select your preferred accommodation arrangements and the programme start date in the calendar and add these to the cart. This secures your stay in one of our luxury domes for the period of the learning programme.
- When you book a 2 week stay, the system will automatically apply a discount of between €400 and €900, depending on whether you are travelling alone or with a companion. If you would like to book two non consecutive 1 week programmes please contact us so that we can make sure you enjoy this discount.
- Domes are available for single or dual occupancy, i.e. a maximum of 2 people per dome.
- The accommodation booking form is asking for the number of people, not the number of domes. Please ensure you correctly enter your requirements into the occupancy fields, see examples below:
- Example 1: If you are booking one dome for one person, please put 1 in the single occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 2: If you are booking one couple sharing a dome please put 2 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 1 dome for you.
- Example 3: If you are booking 2 friends, who don’t want to share a dome, please put 2 in the single occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
- Example 4: If you are booking 4 friends, all wanting to share domes, please put 4 in the dual occupancy field. This will book 2 domes for you.
Step two: Go to your chosen learning programme page to make your learning programme booking. Select your programme start date and your second week activity if you are staying for two weeks (or choose N/A for the second week if you are staying for one week), and add these to your cart. Programmes listed in the checkout will appear as €0.00 as the cost is included in your accommodation booking.
- Learning programmes are 1 week unless otherwise stated.
- If you are travelling with others and you want to attend the same learning programme/s, just indicate how many people in the numbers box.
- If you are travelling with others and they want to book different learning programme/s to you, after adding your learning programme/s to the cart, go to the learning programme page your companion/s wants to book and repeat the same booking process for their learning programme. These learning programmes will then be listed separately on your booking when you check out.
If you have any questions please call +302247031851 or email us with questions and/or to ask us to call you.
As well as your learning programme, the eCALA experience includes your geodesic ‘dome away from home’ so booking is a two-step process; first your accommodation, then your learning programme/s. Each step below is explained in the ‘How to Book’ box on this page.
Book Being a Systems Thinker
If you would prefer to book by phone, please call +302247031851
Booking office opening hours 8am-6pm